'Star Wars Rebels' animated series

General Star Wars discussion, including the latest movie and television series news.
Anchorhead-Autos
Ensign
Ensign

Re: 'Star Wars Rebels' animated series

Post by Anchorhead-Autos »

MattG wrote:SkyTV still seems to be showing/repeating older, 2014 episodes, and haven't scheduled any of the 2015 episodes that have screened in the US. Haven't seen any further movement from the free-to-air channels.
Its back. 6pm on Friday the 13th. Thank the maker!
Anchorhead Autos Ltd, you break them - we fix them. Finest speeder repairs this side of the Outer Rim...
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Nice; well spotted.
Anchorhead-Autos
Ensign
Ensign

Yeah I can't wait, I was just getting into it when it finished on Sky grrr. Would rather wait and watch it on TV than on my lappy!
Anchorhead Autos Ltd, you break them - we fix them. Finest speeder repairs this side of the Outer Rim...
Anchorhead-Autos
Ensign
Ensign

Nice to see the Inquisitor's TIE Advanced make it's appearance. The toy looks quite cool with it's folding wings etc. Anyone seen any for sale here in NZ yet?
Anchorhead-Autos
Ensign
Ensign

I saw that Toyworld has the Rebels 12'' figures. I saw Vader, Agent Kallus and a couple I can't remember off the top of my head but no Inquisitor damn it!!
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

I don't know if it's the McQuarrie-esque flavor to the overall design, the use of the same cinematography as STAR WARS, or the many homages to John Williams' scores, but you could say that I'm really enjoying it.

Yeah, it's mostly that stuff!

But, the fact is, the storytelling is pretty good.

I can't wait for the season finale… and the premiere in Anaheim!
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Harvey Mushman wrote:...But, the fact is, the storytelling is pretty good. ...
All of that. And despite my initial relative hesitation at the series having teenagers in principal roles, I'm finding the characters quite engaging (although Chopper is a turning out to be a bit of a psychopath).
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

"Uh, no loose wire jokes, okay?"
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

I realise that the finale of Rebels hasn't screened in NZ yet, but all the spoilers (identity of Fulcrum etc) are saturating the internet including via major US newspaper websites, and rightly or wrongly, versions are out on the internet meaning many of us have seen it, so feel free to discuss them (spoilers) from this point.

Just a reminder - please don't ask publicly for, or post links to, online versions of Rebels (unless it is to official channels such as StarWars.com, which has broadcast some of the earlier episodes).

If you really want to try and avoid Season One spoilers, you might want to stop reading now (and probably log off the whole internet)! :)
mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

I'm hoping to start a build thread, because well, obviously. At the moment I'm assembling screen shots but I also backfilled a (spoiler) to (spoiler) to make a new (sppiler) so want to get started quickly. :)

Basically the costume is just dripping with hints to the wider universe and is also practical ;)

So Spoilery spoils on that one!