'Star Wars Rebels' animated series

General Star Wars discussion, including the latest movie and television series news.
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: 'Star Wars Rebels' animated series

Post by oota goota »

MattG wrote:
Archon Revuge wrote:...
I especially love the brief cameo of the Quasar Fire-class cruiser. Guess that Micro Machines Flurry is canon again now, huh? :) ...
I like this nod back to the old EU novels. 'The Truce at Bakura' was one that I quite enjoyed.
Yeah I read this one too. Love the design of this one a cool concept works well within the SW universe (ok within MY SW universe). I still really like the way Rebels is recycling a lot of the best of the EU into the series; it makes it a much richer universe, it keeps the feel right and it's great seeing a lot of that stuff on the screen!

Personally I'd like to see the E wing and the droid tie fighter from the dark empire comic make an appearance really nice designs there too!
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

The E-wing was a really nice design. It captured the same 70s industrial design aesthetic that pervaded the classic X-Wing really well, while not simply being a riff on it with nothing new to say. I'd love to see that one show up somewhere in the new canon.

That said, I can do without the fugly R7 droids that rode into the EU alongside the E-wing. It's quite clear they were intended to represent a new generation of cooler looking astro droid, but to me they are an example of a design fail with those triangles and diagonal lines that feel completely at odds with the rest of the droid's shapes.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

oota goota wrote:Personally I'd like to see the E wing and the droid tie fighter from the dark empire comic make an appearance really nice designs there too!
Reverend Strone wrote:The E-wing was a really nice design. It captured the same 70s industrial design aesthetic that pervaded the classic X-Wing really well, while not simply being a riff on it with nothing new to say. I'd love to see that one show up somewhere in the new canon.
While not strictly canon, Jek-14's stealth starfighter in The New Yoda Chronicles nicely pays homage to the E-Wing design:

Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Oh, nice catch. You are so right. I had missed that reference. :D It's a nice looking starfighter.
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

Reverend Strone wrote:The E-wing was a really nice design. It captured the same 70s industrial design aesthetic that pervaded the classic X-Wing really well, while not simply being a riff on it with nothing new to say. I'd love to see that one show up somewhere in the new canon.

That said, I can do without the fugly R7 droids that rode into the EU alongside the E-wing. It's quite clear they were intended to represent a new generation of cooler looking astro droid, but to me they are an example of a design fail with those triangles and diagonal lines that feel completely at odds with the rest of the droid's shapes.
I forgot about the r7's. But you're right the E wing looked not exactly like a next generation x wing but like another variation on that type of ship. I really like Cam Kennedy's artwork I used to read 2000ad ALOT when I was younger.

I also liked the TIE droid it works within SW. Someone trying to go back to droid technology like the 'good old days' of the clone wars :)
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

Eng76
Commander
Commander

Post by Eng76 »

And THAT is how you finish a season.

No spoilers, but I would rate it almost as good as Force Awakens. A great returning character, one of the most intense lightsaber battles.

I'm going to go and watch it again!
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

man I am behind in this must catch up!
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Wow, what a finale. I have so many questions! From an art direction point of view, there isn't a better looking show on tv, animated or live action.
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

For me, the final episode had me asking even more questions; but, still, it was good.

I'm not so sure on the "sabercopters", though.