Anakin Skywalker Gloves from The Clone Wars

Ideas, tutorials, questions relating to armour, costumes and replica props from the Star Wars universe
xboxboy121
Cadet
Cadet

Anakin Skywalker Gloves from The Clone Wars

Post by xboxboy121 »

hello.

Well with the Auckland expo coming up i have almost finished my anakin costume but am missing the gloves that go with it and i was wondering if anyone can help me.

thank you for taking the time to read.

shaun :cool:
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Anakin Skywalker Gloves from The Clone Wars

Post by MattG »

Are you looking to do the gauntlet with straps for the right hand, and plain glove on the left?

The answer depends a bit on the price range you were looking at. You can get reasonably priced versions of the EP3-style right-hand gauntlet locally, and they are apparently not too bad - http://www.thecostumeshop.co.nz/star-wa ... ntlet.html . Would still need a plain glove for the left, I assume.

Still in the budget realm, you can also get animated/clone wars style gloves (which come with both left and right), but they are quite a simplified style - http://www.buycostumes.com/Star-Wars-Cl ... etail.aspx
xboxboy121
Cadet
Cadet

Post by xboxboy121 »

:woot:
wow ah i got the costume from the costume shop here in new zealand but i was after the gloves from the animated series. ah do you know how long it would take to get the gloves from buy costumes as i need them quick.

thanks for the help
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

xboxboy121 wrote::woot:
wow ah i got the costume from the costume shop here in new zealand but i was after the gloves from the animated series. ah do you know how long it would take to get the gloves from buy costumes as i need them quick.

thanks for the help
Don't know for certain, but you've got just under 2 weeks from today, so you if you get on it real quick, you should get them in time (it'll depend on how much time it takes them to pack them up and get them to the post office). Might pay to do a quick online search to see if there is a source in Aus/NZ first, just in case, though.
xboxboy121
Cadet
Cadet

Post by xboxboy121 »

yeah well ive order them so i should have them in a week so, yeah!!!. ah 2 bad about the cloak as the were to expensive but why think about the bad. the good 2 WEEKS till the expo plus it will be my first. thanks for the help also.
xboxboy121
Cadet
Cadet

Post by xboxboy121 »

ran into a problem ordering them my dad is not up for credit cards so if someone can help me get them before the expo i would greatful for it. i dont mind depositing the money into your account or in hand at the expo.

thanks
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Might be able to help. Will send details by PM shortly.
xboxboy121
Cadet
Cadet

Post by xboxboy121 »

:p thanks MattG, i cant wait to get them and finish the costume. i get to buy the new lightsaber with the life size handle instead of the thick ones of anakin that i have. now i really cant wait for the expo. :victory:
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Cool; will be interested to see your costume.
xboxboy121
Cadet
Cadet

Post by xboxboy121 »

ah ran into a problem i made a stupid move and didnt get the anakin costume fast so im looking for another like it. http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =322633302 so i will post if i have any luck i am really sorry about all this mattG. :cry: