oota goota shooter E-11 assembly guide

Ideas, tutorials, questions relating to armour, costumes and replica props from the Star Wars universe
Armante
Commander
Commander

Re: oota goota shooter E-11 assembly guide

Post by Armante »

Thanks for the walk-through on how to put this together. Going to be a fun project.

Looks amazing! :woot:
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

That shelf full of five weapons just looks bad-ass.
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

Blaxmyth wrote:Had the privilege to see these first hand last weekend. They look even more spectacular, and have an impressive weight and feel to them. Truly marvellous work, Oot!
Thanks Blax! yeah I reckon the weight is about right not too heavy not too light. I was worried that they were going to be too heavy with all that resin but so far so good
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

MattG wrote:That shelf full of five weapons just looks bad-ass.
cheers MG yeah it was a lot of fun making this first batch. People who picked them up to look at them always seemed to want to go "pew pew pew" which is a good sign for a prop :)
TIE1138
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by TIE1138 »

Hi Oota. Just read this and everything you have done in the way of assembly is how I am doing my own build at the moment. Very well put together.
Is the plug with the slot in it something you engineered to help with this build?
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

TIE1138 wrote:Hi Oota. Just read this and everything you have done in the way of assembly is how I am doing my own build at the moment. Very well put together.
Is the plug with the slot in it something you engineered to help with this build?
Hey man cool! great minds think alike? :ohwell:

Yeah I needed something for the front sight and the barrel end bit to attach to and that's what I came up with! Good thing is it helps secure the stock as well if you use epoxy glue or something gap filling. bad thing is it does add extra weight where you don't want it. My blasters are slightly front heavy, I have a feeling the original props were too if you look at the way Harrison ford held his. But it's amazing how much difference 30 or 40 grams of weight can make in a light replica cheers!
Darth Kenny
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Darth Kenny »

Finished, except for a couple of glass lenses coming from china. Now I’m all out of projects.

If anyone else is making the kit. I went different from John and painted the bolt but didn’t install that until all the sterling parts were painted. I think if I did this again I would install the t-tracks before painting. To save all the extra wear and tear trying to get them to fit well

ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

man that looks awesome!