Difference between R1 armor and ANH armor?

Ideas, tutorials, questions relating to armour, costumes and replica props from the Star Wars universe
GMeehanfilms
Cadet
Cadet

Difference between R1 armor and ANH armor?

Post by GMeehanfilms »

Hi all! :D
I've just joined this forum, as I enjoy the idea of getting an entire Star Wars costume together, but have questions on how to get what I need.
I've recently purchased the Black Series Stormtrooper Helmet, but all I need is the armor.

Then something hit me: Is there a difference between the standard stormtrooper costume in Rogue One and the standard stormtrooper costume in A New Hope?

Also, I have no idea how i'd get my hands on armor, and if i'm able to afford it.

I'm only 16, so i'm not totally crazy about it being tip-top for the 501st legion, as i'm not old enough to join.

MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Difference between R1 armor and ANH armor?

Post by MattG »

Hi, and welcome to the forums.

We had a start of a conversation about the diff between R1 and OT stormtroopers here a while back - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1846

In short...there are a lot of differences, particularly in terms of sharpness of many features, and whether components are crafted separately or cast as a single unit. But then there are many differences between ANH and ROTJ armour as well, of course (and hero vs stunt, ANH helmet vs ESB helmet etc etc). OT armour definitely wouldn't pass as R1 armour for 501st membership. OT armour would be the easiest route at this point in time. Have you checked out this thread for a local source of OT/ANH armour? viewtopic.php?f=2&t=97