Quick DLT Build!

Ideas, tutorials, questions relating to armour, costumes and replica props from the Star Wars universe
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: Quick DLT Build!

Post by oota goota »

sweet lord it's looking really good!
Green1000
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Green1000 »

oota goota wrote:sweet lord it's looking really good!
Thanks man, it means a lot coming from you!

And it's done! The satin is a little glossier than I seem to remember, but it's all good.

I'm happy with the bog work I did. Not perfect, but as I said at the top it's a trooping blaster, not a display piece.

That photo makes it look bent in the middle for some reason, but it is straight!

Thanks Jess for putting up with this all over the lounge floor! Now to find somewhere to put it... Gun rack for the next project!?
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by badges2nz »

That looks great, nice work, what will be next?
Helmet, costume? Keep it up :)
Doomsday and Armageddon got together and had a baby and man is it ugly.
Green1000
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Green1000 »

Next up I should probably finish the theme of big guns, and finish my scratch build of a T21.

But I can't be bothered at the moment to cut out all the details for along the main body, the cooling fins, the second smaller part of the barrel etc. anyway I have a beautiful BFG, and a converted hasbro E11 to use for now :-)

I also have plans to re-weather all my Sandy armor, as at the moment the weathering I have is quite what I would call a little "cartoonish". Ideally I'd like to end up as close to move along trooper as I can. I may have to call in the weathering experts for that...

I also am looking at finding a good source for Tie Pilot armor at the moment to expand out my costume collection... and thinking about whats next after that!