Getting back into the swing of things again.
Center ankle to body attachment.
I drilled these smaller (6mm) and didn't line things up correctly so there was play in the two bolts, even with locks on ankles, the ankle just wiggled about. I redrilled and tapped to 8mm as per the plans and screwed it all back in with some cleaning up of the surfaces where skirt/ankle join. The test was to pick up the body frame by the ankle and it held together without a problem.
Feet were wiggling all over the show when wheels and castor were in. I built and attached the center ankles locks
then made locks for the mains. These haven't been trimmed yet or screwed in place.
I then put my hands on R2's shoulders and held myself off the ground, so it can take my weight at least!
I'm buoyed by shots of the ILM Uber droid where panels are cracked, misaligned, lines not straight and the posts on the astromech builders forums of "all your mistakes make this yours, no one will have yours". The panels aren't perfect and I'm now okay with that (honest, I don't grimace and make plans for a laser cut one, honest).
Puttied and cleaned up the radar eye. Affixed via screws so it's replaceable (I'm not super happy with it but it's almost done).
Made the boxes for the front logic display. These will get mounting brackets made for the inside and then painted, I'll source and build the actual display parts later.
A prototype holoprojector from two xmas ornaments. Definitely not going on but good to see what/how I'd build one and place it.
Front with HP: