Slyclone's various builds thread

Ideas, tutorials, questions relating to armour, costumes and replica props from the Star Wars universe
SlyClone
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Slyclone's various builds thread

Post by SlyClone »

oota goota wrote:
SlyClone wrote:Think it's either 6 or 8mm high. I think it's a tad small. If it didn't suit the brow I was going to use it on the neck ring.
Hey Slyclone been on holiday so missed this thread. Helmet's looking good! It may be a bit late to suggest this but I'd be tempted to make angle the face plate a bit more so it's 'flatter' when you look at it front on, especially if you're doing a stunt version. For the trim I've been using a channel strip no. 50 from para rubber. It's 10mm or 12mm (can't remember which) but is the right size for the 501st and looks good on the bucket.

Good luck with the ears!
Hi Oota,

Thanks for the tip, I can still move the face as I've only got one screw per side on place and it moves fairly easily still. I may just have to trim a little bit out of where the two halves join together.

Thanks for letting me know which trim to use, I will sort some next week.

Cheers
SlyClone
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SlyClone »

I don't think Lord Vader is going to be very happy with the current state of my helmet. Should of let the maintenance corp take care of it.....

On a serious note it's coming a long nicely and I'm going the full step of sanding, priming and then painting and clear coating it.
Attachments
IMG_3338.JPG
IMG_3338.JPG (3.17 MiB) Viewed 8391 times
IMG_3337.JPG
IMG_3337.JPG (2.11 MiB) Viewed 8391 times
IMG_3335.JPG
IMG_3335.JPG (1.62 MiB) Viewed 8391 times
IMG_3334.JPG
IMG_3334.JPG (3.51 MiB) Viewed 8391 times
SlyClone
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SlyClone »

Little update, I've been sick since chucking up the last set of photos, so haven't done anything per say until today. I've started what I hope will be my final pep build for the ARF helmet today. So far I've just got the neck ring made and whilst I think she's slightly tight it should go over my head fine.
I've also literally just ordered some number 50 channel strip from Pararubber for my storm trooper helmet. I'm hoping that it will turn up by the weekend as I plan on purchasing some more primer and white spray paint to start the next step on the helmet. The ears are trimmed and I just need to drill the holes for the screws to go through then attach them once painted.
I'm also considering coating the interior of the helmet with black plastidip spray paint so that once I've put foam etc inside it that it looks nicer.
SlyClone
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SlyClone »

Working on the second version of the ARF helmet. Scaled perfect for fitting on my rather large head. Once I've finished the pep Ill resin as big as I've done with the original helmet I'm making. That will become a show piece and has taught me a damned lot about pep.
Attachments
IMG_3365.JPG
IMG_3365.JPG (1.54 MiB) Viewed 8359 times
Blaxmyth
Commander
Commander

Post by Blaxmyth »

That's some very crisp pepping there! Looks great!
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

nice one slyclone hey loved your paint preparation on your tk bucket it's a good approach I reckon we should copy that :)
SlyClone
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SlyClone »

oota goota wrote:nice one slyclone hey loved your paint preparation on your tk bucket it's a good approach I reckon we should copy that :)
Thanks Oota, since the last post I've given it a second primer coat which needs a lite sand and also given the interior it's first coat of black plastispray.
I'm a little OCD in certain things in how I do them and I think spray painting it instead of just waxing the plastic will give me a nicer look, specially once it's been given a clear coat too.
Blaxmyth wrote:That's some very crisp pepping there! Looks great!
The pep file is from Hass and it's bloody good to work with, I believe its the same one that may of been used for KWs ARF helmet that he sells as it's a two piece pep with removeable helmet visor.
SlyClone
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SlyClone »

After a month of some seriously long hours at work I've managed to touch one of my projects again. First two coats of white laid down on the helmet today. And since then have given it a wet sand.
Attachments
IMG_3443.JPG
IMG_3443.JPG (2.11 MiB) Viewed 8282 times
IMG_3444.JPG
IMG_3444.JPG (2.73 MiB) Viewed 8282 times
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by badges2nz »

Nice work, looks like you had a nice day there yesterday.
Doomsday and Armageddon got together and had a baby and man is it ugly.
SlyClone
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SlyClone »

badges2nz wrote:Nice work, looks like you had a nice day there yesterday.
Thanks badges. Sure was a nice day sprayed the helmet did the lawns and a few other chores around the yard that the past few weeks of bad weather had put off.