Project T21 BFG Blaster!

Ideas, tutorials, questions relating to armour, costumes and replica props from the Star Wars universe
Green1000
Ensign
Ensign

Project T21 BFG Blaster!

Post by Green1000 »

So I am in the process of upgrading my sandy armour, and while waiting for all my backpack parts to arrive from the US of A, I decided that a little E11 isn't going to be enough! So I have embarked on a mission to scratch build myself a T21 Blaster Based on a Lewis Gun. This Is going to be pretty accurate, but as I'm not the best prop builder I will probably sacrifice some accuracy for sturdiness, and cheapness! But will be a great trooping blaster none the less! I'd love to add electronics down the track as there is plenty of room in the barrel for a speaker and LEDs, but as I suck with all things electrical, I will leave it for later!

I'm following Pandatroopers plans and build, here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/1 ... tch-build/ so all props to him for doing all the hard work and making a template.

I used the big printer at work to print it all out 1:1 and make things easier than sticking heaps of A4's together, as I tried to do in the past

Went to bunnings and Mitre 10 mega on Sunday to get some wood for the main body, stock and receiver plate for the top. couldn't find any off cuts for the the thinner stock wood, so I had to buy a huge sheet! Also decided it was time for me to get myself a fake dremel for all the little greblies this thing has. Still need to get myself some sheets of styrene/plastic sheets of some kind for all those bits.

I Traced them all out, but I have decided that I need to borrow a jigsaw to cut em out, as it will take forever to do it by hand with my little coping saw! I'm going to Waynes tonight to do this!

Mark who is also building one has managed to source most of the plastic piping for the the barrel, so that's good too!

Also got one of the new Disney parks E11's for Jess, just have to paint it up :-) too bad there aren't doopys conversions for it yet, but it will suffice until my e11 can be passed on once this is done. Image

Today I got a small sheet of 2mm thick styrene from Mighty Ape, as I was going there anyway. I used my rotary tool to cut out the shapes for the top of the feed plate.

Then hand sanded them down, I forgot how much plastic dust gets everywhere! Also I'm going to need quite a bit more plastic!

oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: Project T21 BFG Blaster!

Post by oota goota »

nice one green looking forward to seeing the progress.

With a scratch build I agree it's worth sacrificing a bit of detail for sturdiness, also a decent paint job will help sell the gun as being real good luck!
Green1000
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Green1000 »

I enlisted the help of our amazing resident Wookie to give me a hand Jigsawing out all my nicely traced wood. I gotta say he is amazing with the jigsaw, so I just acted as the counterweight, for fear of me stuffing it up! I can't thank him enough!

After running out of light, I took the main big bits home, and started to do some gluing and clamping of the stock reading for some filing, and more sanding!

And test fitted the nicely sanded plastic. Seems to fit pretty well!
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

This weapon lends itself well to construction from pine/MDF and a wide pipe. Yours is looking great!
Green1000
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Green1000 »

Small T21 Update

Glued some of the plastic detailing to the top of the feed plate.

Got some 1 part multifill to fill in some of the seams on the feed plate and stock. This is my first time using fill, and didn't want to go all the way to 2 part bog by myself (as I've never used it before) so will see how this goes! I'm working on the details on the side details right now using the ABS Oota gave me (THANKS!) I need to get around to cutting the trigger hole as well, but my "dremel" packed up and I had to take it back :-( so going back to doing it all by hand!

I've got my backpack parts now, so will probably put this on a bit of a back burner till I can get that done!
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

looking good dude it's going to be a monster!