My collection of lifesize statues

Ideas, tutorials, questions relating to armour, costumes and replica props from the Star Wars universe
MattT
Ensign
Ensign

My collection of lifesize statues

Post by MattT »

Hi everyone, thanks for the welcome and positive remarks on my costumes/ statues.
Here are a couple more photos of statues/costumes that I have, Yoda, Palpatine, Asajj and me wearing my Revan costume.
My Revan costume is getting some upgrades at the moment so should be looking better by Auckland Armageddon
Attachments
P1030809 - Copy.JPG
P1040106.JPG
P1040104.JPG
DSC00110.JPG
fredstar
Colonel
Colonel

Re: My collection of lifesize statues

Post by fredstar »

I love your Darth Vader and Emperor. Is that a ESB Vader or Jedi?

I've been looking at making an Emperor mannequin to join my ROTS Vader and Darth Maul

Image Image Image Image Image
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

Thanks for posting photos MattT - they all look great :) That Asajj is really neat, it's a good mannequin for her, in terms of face/pose. Did you make the costume yourself? The Yoda and Emperor - are they purchased items, or did you make them also? Love seeing life size characters on display, they must look fantastic in person :)

Great Vader there too fredstar - did you purchase the parts and build it yourself? That helmet looks awesome :)
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

fredstar
Colonel
Colonel

Post by fredstar »

The Helmet is from Master Replicas

Armor is from Starfortress (EBAY)

Cod and Gloves are from customprops.com (EBAY)

Cape Chain is from offworldimports - Australia (EBAY) and spray painted black by me.

The Suit is still my old Rubies Supreme Vader. I'm currently getting a leather replacement from Customprops.

Also getting the chestbox and belt buckle replaced to be more ROTS screen accurate.

Last but not least, the Mannequin is from Art Formmannequin based here in NZ and is fibreglass. I also managed to get bendable arms which are longer and semi-poseable.

The shin armor is still Rubies as they are easy to attach to the boots which is not full lengh due to the mannquin base restriction

I just need to find a solution to gripping a lightsabre as I currently have the MS ESB Vader Sabre and will soon get the ANH Hasbro FX version with removable blade.
MattT
Ensign
Ensign

Post by MattT »

Thanks for the positive comments, most of my vader is ROTS but some of the parts are different, I have got the ROTS armor for him but have to play with it a bit.
My Yoda and Palpatine (his head) I brought of a friend of mine in the US, my Asajj costume I had made by another good friend of mine in the US who makes costumes for other people as well, she's great and is really open to suggestions. She also made my Emperor robe, and I have the Elephant Grey robe for him as well from ROTS where he battles Yoda in the senate.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Good to see more life-sized statues lurking around NZ. Nice displays guys!
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

MattT wrote:...
Here are a couple more photos of statues/costumes that I have, Yoda, Palpatine, Asajj and me wearing my Revan costume...
So, do you have plans for more? ;)
MattT
Ensign
Ensign

Post by MattT »

Thanks, yeah I do have plans, I have a Darth Maul bust that I'd like to turn into a lifesize, also when I'm not using my Revan costume I'm getting a mannequin to put that on also.
I have Red Guard helmet that I'd like to put onto a mannequin as well sometime.
I'd love a R2-D2 but not sure where to start.
Having brought a house 2 years ago, a lot of my ideas got shelved for a while but eventually they'll get done. :)
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by badges2nz »

Those life sized costumes and props look great, I saw on ebay a couple of companies (starfortress and fenixprops) these look great for supplies.
Fenixprops do custom made Vader suits and all the gizmos that can go with it.
I have purchased from fenixprops a couple of items for my clone helmet for ep3 and these look great in the flesh, a good company to deal with as well.
Doomsday and Armageddon got together and had a baby and man is it ugly.
MattT
Ensign
Ensign

Post by MattT »

Thanks I have brought of StarFortress before, they seem ok. I get pretty much most of my stuff from a guy in the US and he seems to be able to source a heck of a lot of stuff!