How often do you wear your costume?

Ideas, tutorials, questions relating to armour, costumes and replica props from the Star Wars universe
denodan
Ensign
Ensign

How often do you wear your costume?

Post by denodan »

I am curious, how often do you wear your costumes? I don't see the sense in only wearing them 1 or 2 times a year? do many wear them often around home in the weekends, etc? This makes more sense than just a couple times a year.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How often do you wear your costume?

Post by MattG »

As I mentioned in the Introductions thread, the social/community aspect of costuming is a big part of it for most of us, and between conventions, charity events, competitions, parades, group photoshoots etc, there are quite a few opportunities to get together. A few of the multi-talented costumers out there have even performed in them in some form or the other.

The other social aspect of costuming is getting together on projects or to share ideas (online or in person). Even if you're not in to sewing or making an entire costume, you'll find that a single costume can become a long term project as you tweak it on an ongoing basis, and upgrade individual components.
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

I find once you get to meet more costumers, you find out about a lot of other events where you can go along in costume, not just at the Armageddon convention. I also enjoy having photo shoots for my costumes occasionally - after all the hard work put into them, it is nice to have good photos to share with friends :) Well made costumes will last for years, that heaps of opportunities to wear them :)
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

Deadalus Thorn
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Deadalus Thorn »

MattG wrote: you'll find that a single costume can become a long term project as you tweak it on an ongoing basis, and upgrade individual components.
Anaria wrote:Well made costumes will last for years
Quoted for Emphasis.

Wearing a costume is only one part of it, but as MG and KG pointed out there are plenty of opportunities and events that come along.

Building, upgrading and accurizing your costume(s) is all part of the fun too.

I cant say I have ever just thrown the Fett on to hang around the house or just for the sake of it...... although there was one night were MG and I got a mate of mine to wear a 300 Spartan costume after a few wines lol
Kind Regards
Deadalus Thorn

Feel free to join our Facebook group
SDT replica props and costumes
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gi ... 108&ref=mf