E-11 Counters

Ideas, tutorials, questions relating to armour, costumes and replica props from the Star Wars universe
Snibo1
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

E-11 Counters

Post by Snibo1 »

Hi all,

Robo has got me to do a Doopy Doos E-11 Pipe Build for him..sweet!!! But the ANH unit has a Hengstler Counter on the side which does not come with the kit...a bit sad but never mind. I have a full Resin Kit in my "Stash" that I could use as a reference to make a new one..but I thought I would have a look around on the web and got some dimensions. So armed with that information I made a plug out of styrene, made an RTV Silicon mould then cast a new solid unit.
The thing with the DD Counter is one side is smooth which I think is the opening to their mould. On mine I made the front with the counter the opening of the mould so I could add some detail on the otherwise smooth side. The front will be covered with a piece of styrene and a button etc, and I'll put some s/s screws in the right places (x 2)

Mine is not cast from an original or anything like that - but its not a bad rendition I think. It doesn't have the lettering or numbers imprinted on it. I also had to make the T Strips from resin as well - they don't come with the DD kit either.
All those years ago doing my apprenticeship there were loads of those Hengstler Counters going out in the trash because this new whiz bang PLC solid state automation thing was coming in....if I only knew then what I know now.

The DD's counter is on the left, my "original" cast in the middle with the plug on the right by the mould.

Cheers

Steve
Attachments
IMG_0207.JPG
IMG_0207.JPG (1.74 MiB) Viewed 6201 times
IMG_0204.JPG
IMG_0204.JPG (1.32 MiB) Viewed 6201 times
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: E-11 Counters

Post by oota goota »

Awesome Snibo! Nice work man. Kiwi made e11 parts eh? Love it.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Nice work Steve - the E-11 variations that use counters are my favourite design.
Snibo1 wrote:...All those years ago doing my apprenticeship there were loads of those Hengstler Counters going out in the trash because this new whiz bang PLC solid state automation thing was coming in....if I only knew then what I know now....
For real? Oh no :(
Snibo1
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Snibo1 »

For real. Anything that required a count in process be it in Freezing Works or Food Processing Plants had these. When electronic eyes, lasers, IR etc came in with PLC control systems huge control panels that put the Death Star control room to shame were ripped out for a small PLC units and a P.C.

Make you cry!!!!!
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

that's brutal :)
TIE1138
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by TIE1138 »

Is there a possibility of purchasing one of your resin counters?