Studio Scale SW's Models

Ideas, tutorials, questions relating to armour, costumes and replica props from the Star Wars universe
eagle1
Ensign
Ensign

Studio Scale SW's Models

Post by eagle1 »

Hi to everyone, Happy New Year to you all!. Just joined this great site, great because it's Kiwi orientated and well it's all things Star Wars.
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to put this but are there any other Star Wars modelers out there who build models to Studio Scale size (same size as ILM built the filming miniatures)?.
As for me, Iv'e built a SS Tie Bomber and at present am working on a 4 foot X-Wing built entirely from scratch. I frequent the RPF (replica prop forum site) if you wish to view my work. I hope to finish the X-Wing by July and wish to somehow display these models at an Armageddon show, just to see how much interest is out there and, well, just to show them off in public rather than hiding away in my workshop!. Other people's views and opinions are priceless!.
Stu
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Studio Scale SW's Models

Post by MattG »

Hi Stu - nice to have you on board.

What's your username over on the RPF?

Would love to see some SS stuff exhibited in NZ. Which part of the country do you live in?...which Armageddon would you be most likely to try to display yor work at?
eagle1
Ensign
Ensign

Post by eagle1 »

My username on the RPF is eagle1, not to be confused with another eagle1 on the same boards but spelt differently, sorry to confuse things!.
I live in Tauranga and would wish to display my models at an Auckland armageddon show, it's closer obviously, so less prone to damage on long trips!.
Stu
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Found your threads over on the RPF...wow, that's some very cool work you've done on your models! Hope to see them at Armageddon sometime...feel free to post pics here in the meantime though :) .
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Bazzack »

Yes! Please post some pics here. Would love to see what you're doing.

B
eagle1
Ensign
Ensign

Post by eagle1 »

Hmmm, can't seem to post any of my pics from files, their too big by the looks of it?. All I can suggest is to do what Matt has done and found my threads at the RPF. I'd love to show them here though, is there any way I can from a techie point of view, I'm not too sure how to go about it , any suggestions guys?. BTW, registration is open at the RPF from the 15th Jan till the 31st Jan if anyone wishes to join that isn't a current member.
Stu
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Hi Stu - just testing a post with one of your pics from the RPF (presuming you don't mind). They seem to work okay as attachments (which will display the best for larger images).
Attachments
tie bomber model 002.jpg
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Bazzack »

Had a look at the RPF but aren't registered so can't see your images unfortunately.
I'll look forward to some images here, or rpf registration to open. (preferably here so I don't have to add another forum to my daily checklist ;) )

From all the comments the X-Wing sounds amazing!

B
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

That TIE Bomber is incredible!!!

What are the dimensions on that thing?
eagle1
Ensign
Ensign

Post by eagle1 »

Archon Revuge wrote:That TIE Bomber is incredible!!!

What are the dimensions on that thing?
Thanks. It is actually quite small by SS standards, being around 220mm wide by 195mm long. ILM used the MPC/Ertl Darth Vader Tie fighter kit, which was out shortly after Star Wars for the wings and cockpit window surround. The wings have a styrene strip glued all around the outer area to appear bigger!.
This model sucked up about $1000.00 in vintage and still currently available kits to match exactly the parts ILM used. Of course that cost does not include such items as plastic tubes, acrylic, styrene etc... .
Stu