JB HI-FI Last Chance Sale!

All friendly discussions not directly related to Star Wars. Includes 'Introductions' section.
Forum rules
1: Personal attacks on individuals or groups, direct or indirect, are considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is a supportive community.
2: The posting of content or language deemed unsuitable for a general audience is considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is an inclusive community.
thehiflyer
Colonel
Colonel

JB HI-FI Last Chance Sale!

Post by thehiflyer »

Hi guys,

JB HI-FI is having a Last Chance Cost + GST Sale on everything except Apple Ipads tommorrow night from 5:30 to 8:30 at all stores!

Good chance to pick up anything youve been sitting on :)

Cheers

Hads
WTB: MIB VOTC C-3PO,TCW BATTLE PACK CAPTAIN FORDO, TCW AT-TE
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: JB HI-FI Last Chance Sale!

Post by Buzz Bumble »

I wonder what price that makes their Apple computers?! They already usually sell those at under the official recomened price, often not much more than Apple's "Education" prices.

I also wonder if they do a "we'll beat it" price match. The PlayTech store currently has 10% off all Apple computers (so did Dick Smith over the weekend, but it ended today).
Zippo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Zippo »

Having just got an JB down this way (go Dunedin for a change) I haven't been to one of these nights before. Do they have everything marked with the cost + price or do you have to annoy the checkout people everytime you need to know the price.

I just fired up a list of things I want to check the prices on to take with me anyways.
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

Sorry, I've never been to one before either, but it would be a huge task to go around changing the price tags (and then changing them back), especially since it isn't meant to start until 5:30pm and the shops will be open all day as normal.

I haven't seen any advertising in the NZ Herald or on TV for the sale. :unsure:

For those without a local JB Hi-Fi branch, they now have an online store at http://shop.jbhifi.co.nz, but I don't know if that's included in the sale.
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

They didn't change the price tickets, and quite a few people had printed out email flyers (I'm not sure if you had to have one to get the cheaper prices).

It was only $50 off the cheapst MacBook Pro, so it's not really worth it and PlayTech is cheaper until 24 December ("while stocks last").

It's a pity it was today and not tomorrow, otherwise we could have got the new Family Guy DVD a bit cheaper. :)
thehiflyer
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thehiflyer »

Hey guys,

If your reading this then the sale is already half way through and probably not much help since Ive been at work at JB all day,BUT to answer the most common queries:

-The price is derived from each items cost price,which obviously varies from product to product.
-As JB already has decent discounts on everything,there may not be the savings you expect.
-In most cases,hardware will have a cost + gst ticket price on them to save the hassle.
-Software has no cost + gst tickets as there are easily 30,000 units in any given store.
-youll be getting the best possible deal if it isnt already below cost,which some things are.

Hope this helps :)

Cheers

Hads
WTB: MIB VOTC C-3PO,TCW BATTLE PACK CAPTAIN FORDO, TCW AT-TE