Star Wars Actors on Space 1999

All friendly discussions not directly related to Star Wars. Includes 'Introductions' section.
Forum rules
1: Personal attacks on individuals or groups, direct or indirect, are considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is a supportive community.
2: The posting of content or language deemed unsuitable for a general audience is considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is an inclusive community.
Anchorhead-Autos
Ensign
Ensign

Star Wars Actors on Space 1999

Post by Anchorhead-Autos »

Has anyone else noticed all the SW actors that pop up on Space 1999 currently on Sky's the Zone? So far they have had Christopher Lee, Michael Culver (Captain Needa) and this Sunday's episode features Julian Glover who played General Veers. British guys always play the best villains!
Anchorhead Autos Ltd, you break them - we fix them. Finest speeder repairs this side of the Outer Rim...
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Star Wars Actors on Space 1999

Post by MattG »

Didn't actually know this, but very cool to hear.
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

isn't there a bit of cross over between costumes/ set props etc? I'm sure I read somewhere that bossk suit is ex- space 1999 or something like that ....
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

oota goota wrote:isn't there a bit of cross over between costumes/ set props etc? I'm sure I read somewhere that bossk suit is ex- space 1999 or something like that ....
Don't know about Space 1999, but Bossk's flight suit was first seen in "The First Men in the Moon" (1964 movie) and did show up in a Doctor Who episode. Not sure, to be honest, if it was an actual recycled prop in each instance, or if they just used the same actual flight pressure suit.

Dave Prowse did, apparently "appear" in a Space 1999 episode too, under a heavy duty costume.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

oota goota wrote:...I'm sure I read somewhere that bossk suit is ex- space 1999 or something like that ....
Ha, I just looked a little further, and it turns out that the actor who played Bossk was in Space 1999 prior to ESB. http://starwarsinterviews1.blogspot.co. ... -wars.html
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

nice research!
Anchorhead-Autos
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Anchorhead-Autos »

This Sunday's episode features Peter Cushing...
Anchorhead Autos Ltd, you break them - we fix them. Finest speeder repairs this side of the Outer Rim...