Vader's spitoon - Apple's new tower computer

All friendly discussions not directly related to Star Wars. Includes 'Introductions' section.
Forum rules
1: Personal attacks on individuals or groups, direct or indirect, are considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is a supportive community.
2: The posting of content or language deemed unsuitable for a general audience is considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is an inclusive community.
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Vader's spitoon - Apple's new tower computer

Post by Buzz Bumble »

Apple gave a sneak preview of their new Mac Pro tower computer on Monday (US time). Many people are calling it Darth Vader inspired or even Darth Vader's spitoon.

and without the external case (in a transparent show case to stop event visitors fingering it).

oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: Vader's spitoon - Apple's new tower computer

Post by oota goota »

one day in a couple of years from now I'm going to make a prop out of one of those!
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

No PCI slots, no internal drive bays ... it's not really a "Mac Pro" at all, but a "Mac Mini Pro". Looks like Apple have fumbled and delivered a no-go for real "pro" users.

Then there's the new "flat" iOS7, which (in the images) looks rather childish, cartoony and pathetic. I don't think Johnny Ives should have been put in charge of software design. :(
fredstar
Colonel
Colonel

Post by fredstar »

I'm happy with my Alienware for the time being. It handles Battlefield 3 nicely and it ready and waiting for Battlefield 3 and Star Wars Battlefront.

Here's a pic of my custom side panel art featuring Arnie from Commando.

Maybe later I'll do a Star Wars version ;)

Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

The new tubular Mac Pro would be good for wrapping an enlarged Star Wars Mighty Beanz skin around. ;)

I'm not sure how big that Alienware tower case is compared to the out-going Mac Pro, but this new tubular Mac Pro is 1/8th the volume .. not really surprising since there's notthing left inside that the user can plug into. Anything you want to add will need to be external and use a Thunderbolt or USB3 connection / adaptor.