Mark Hamill directing "The Black Pearl"?

All friendly discussions not directly related to Star Wars. Includes 'Introductions' section.
Forum rules
1: Personal attacks on individuals or groups, direct or indirect, are considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is a supportive community.
2: The posting of content or language deemed unsuitable for a general audience is considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is an inclusive community.
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Mark Hamill directing "The Black Pearl"?

Post by Buzz Bumble »

From ComingSoon.net ...
Mark Hamill Directing The Black Pearl?
The Wrap reports that Mark Hamill may be directing a feature version of his comic "The Black Pearl." Participating in the Los Angeles Comedy Shorts Festival in Los Angeles on Saturday, Hamill hinted at the project:

Then Hamill dropped numerous hints about the film: it’s based on a comic book that Hamill wrote, it’s set in the real world, and “at first glance it’s a drama, but it has dark humor.”

“My two co-writers wrote a David O. Russell film for Paramount,” he said, “and now they’ve very hot. So now there are people who are willing to give us $30 million to make the movie. But if we took that deal, I wouldn’t get to direct.

“If you go over about $8 million, you have to start getting foreign sales before you start shooting. But if you stay in the $5-to-$7 million range, you don’t have to do presales and you can maintain much more creative control.”

Published by Dark Horse Comics in 1996, the five-part comic was co-written by Hamill and Eric Johnson, illustrated by H. M. Baker, and inked by Bruce Patterson and Dan Schaeffer. The story focuses on Luther Drake, a troubled man who becomes a costumed vigilante "hero" by accident and media pressure.

An official announcement is expected at the Cannes Film Festival.
:)
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mark Hamill directing "The Black Pearl"?

Post by MattG »

I haven't actually read that comic. Do you know if it's any good?
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: Mark Hamill directing "The Black Pearl"?

Post by Buzz Bumble »

Sorry, I hadn't even heard of the comic until I read that news item. :)