POTF 1984 vintage coins - Custom Display Frames

This section is for member-to-member 'for sale', 'wanted to buy' and trade listings for Star Wars collectibles and merchandise
Forum rules
The following prefixes are recommended for topic titles.
FS: For sale
FT: For trade
FA: For auction (eg, link to TradeMe auctions)
WTB: Wanted to buy
WTT: Wanted to trade
for-the-collectors
Cadet
Cadet

POTF 1984 vintage coins - Custom Display Frames

Post by for-the-collectors »

front of frame
front of frame
P7130001.JPG (1.84 MiB) Viewed 6650 times
Greetings Kiwi cousins from across the ditch or should I say "kia-ora" !
I dabble in custom work and displays for my collections and was continually frustrated by the lack of any decent frames on the market to display my growing collection of the star wars POTF aluminium coins from 1984. So I made my own. I have sold a few and word has started to spread to the point where I am sending these frames to collectors in the US , UK and all over Oz. I would like to get the word out to NZ collectors too. Attached are a few photos of the largest frame which holds 81 coins - 63 potf , 12 droids and 6 ewoks. Basically the entire set including provision for the 63rd coin ( good luck finding that one ) These frames are made from 3 sheets of industrial acrylic sandwiched together and held by book screws for a professional look. The outer sheets are 4.5mm thick clear ( so you can see both sides of the coin and the insert is gloss black 2mm thick. Once joined its a very weighty rigid display - your coins aren't going anywhere. the holes are laser cut to a precise constant measurement which allow the coins to sit flush and not spin around , yet they don't need to forced in or out of the holes. The frame measures 60cm x 70cm. The images you see of the STAR WARS logo and racetrack together with the droids and ewoks logo are reverse laser etched into the clear top plate to make dusting a breeze. Check out the pictures but please excuse the background reflections including the ceiling light tube. An ebay page and Facebook page has been established or we can deal direct.The 81 hole frame sells for $350 AUD + postage for 7kg airmail with tracking. I accept payment by paypal or internet bank deposit. I am keen for any comments or feedback and of course to win some business from those of you that collect these valuable coins.
for-the-collectors
Cadet
Cadet

Re: POTF 1984 vintage coins - Custom Display Frames

here's some more pictures
Attachments
P7130020.JPG
P7130020.JPG (1.94 MiB) Viewed 6643 times
for-the-collectors
Cadet
Cadet

top side view of etched logo
Attachments
P7130021.JPG
P7130021.JPG (1.84 MiB) Viewed 6643 times
for-the-collectors
Cadet
Cadet

side view showing 3 sheets acrylic
Attachments
P7130011.JPG
P7130011.JPG (1.82 MiB) Viewed 6643 times
for-the-collectors
Cadet
Cadet

:) I will gladly accept POTF coins that I don't have, towards payment of a frame.
for-the-collectors
Cadet
Cadet

here's the 63 hole POTF frame with colour graphics for those on a budget $250 aud + postage
Attachments
63 hole potf frame - colour graphics
63 hole potf frame - colour graphics
P7240002.JPG (1.89 MiB) Viewed 6574 times
r2d2
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by r2d2 »

Wow, both version look absolutely fantastic and would make a great wall display. I would jump on this offer in a heart beat if only I had enough POTF coins so it would look good on display! It's items like these coins that I wouldn't complain if reproductions were made, as realistically it is the only way that most of us could ever acquire a full set ;)