WTT: Star Wars Kinder Surprise Twisthead Toys

This section is for member-to-member 'for sale', 'wanted to buy' and trade listings for Star Wars collectibles and merchandise
Forum rules
The following prefixes are recommended for topic titles.
FS: For sale
FT: For trade
FA: For auction (eg, link to TradeMe auctions)
WTB: Wanted to buy
WTT: Wanted to trade
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

WTT: Star Wars Kinder Surprise Twisthead Toys

Post by Archon Revuge »

It sounds like a few of us have been buying the Star Wars Kinder Surprise Twisthead toys, so I thought I'd create a thread for those wanting to trade and try to complete the set.

We currently have four doubles that we're looking to get rid of:

C-3PO
Jango Fett
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Yoda

We're hoping to trade these for:

Clone Trooper
Darth Vader
Padmé Amidala
R2-D2

Thanks in advance!
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: WTT: Star Wars Kinder Surprise Twisthead Toys

Post by Buzz Bumble »

With some help I have now managed to get the two complete sets I need, but have quite a few duplicates to get rid of - at least one duplicate of almost every figure (not Padme, sorry). I don't really want to swap them, but would prefer to sell them off.

I would be interested in one more carefully opened and flatened cardboard box from a 3-pack for my American friend though.

I've also got a pile of duplicate Star Wars Mighty Beanz and Fighter Pod figures if anyone is interested. :)
Last edited by Buzz Bumble on Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Glad to hear you managed to get the two sets you were hoping for Buzz :) I'll see if anyone is up for a trade first, but if not I might look at buying some of those doubles off you.
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

You don't want to know how many eggs I had to open (thankfully I wasn't paying for them all!) ... I'm thoroughly sick of the smell of Kinder Surprise, that's for sure.

That's the annoying thing about these silly random-packed toys - everyone ends up with a pile of duplicates that nobody wants (especially if they short-pack one or two of the set!), and the only reason for it is so the greedy company makes more money, as do the scalpers. Random-packing and exclusives should be banned as marketing practices. :(
mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

They lost an opportunity to use Leia! I mean it's the Munny shape so the buns are there already.

Did you get the triple pack box for your friend? I saw some at Countdown the other day so can get another pack.

BTW why does Yoda always manage to look so creepy?
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

No doubt Leia is among those planned for Series 2.

I haven't got a second 3-pack cardboard box yet. Thanks for the offer, but it's not worth buying yet more eggs. I'd prefer to just swap some of these duplicates (Twistheads, Mighty Beanz, or Fighter Pods) for one in very good condition and carefully flattened for him.
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

mdb wrote:BTW why does Yoda always manage to look so creepy?
If you think little Twisthead Yoda is creepy, then you should see him when his head is bigger than your hand! I went through the Westfield Glenfield (Auckland) shopping centre today and they had a large Kinder Surprise Star Wars advert on one of their information sign boxes (the one at the bottom-end of the escalators between the two Countdown branches, but someone mentioned one upstairs at the top-end of the escalator outside The Warehouse).
Robo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Robo »

Does anyone understand why you would open their heads and join them together? That bit has me utterly confused, and a little bit freaked out. And the weird dially thing inside the head. What's it for?
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Robo wrote:Does anyone understand why you would open their heads and join them together? That bit has me utterly confused, and a little bit freaked out. And the weird dially thing inside the head. What's it for?
Hey Robo. It took us a while to figure that one out, but it seems that the intention is for two players to have a Twisthead toy each, connect them at the head, and twist the waists. That'll cause the number on the dial to change, and the player with the highest number wins.
Last edited by Archon Revuge on Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Robo »

saaay whaaaat? Who knew? I am obviously totally out of it with the hip kids....